background

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Softball Battle Wounds

Chris and I joined a co-ed softball team. We are the defeatable Thundercats. So far, we’ve played 2 games and lost 2 games. We play every Thursday at Bethesda Park if anyone is ever interested in supporting the Thundercats. This week we have a double header because we got rained out a few weeks ago. I’m worried about Chris’s leg though. The last game we played, Chris injured his leg running the bases. Yeah, that sounds pretty wimpy, but in his defense, he did get a triple off of a bunt! It was fun to watch, up until he limped to the dug out. Uh-oh. He pulled something major in thigh, but we don’t know exactly what the problem is because he refuses to seek medical treatment. Hopefully he will be able to play our games this week.
Chris and I got pretty beat up at our last game. The 1st two pictures are of my strawberry bruise on my arm. I was playing 2nd and was trying to catch the fastest ground ball I’d ever seen. Right before it reached my glove, the ball must have hit a rock because it bounced up and nailed my arm. The crazy thing is that the ball just kept going...all the way to the outfield. There was a lot of force behind that ball. I wonder what kind of battle wounds we will walk away with this Thursday…
The 1st two pics are of my arm, and the last one is Chris' thigh. I swear the camera doesn't do us justice!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nicole said...

I'd forgotten about Chris' triple. Tell him to hit a few more of those tomorrow!