background

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas with the VanderHorst Family

After opening presents from Santa, we went to my parents house. My mom always prepares a yummy a spread for breakfast. It's a tradition that I'm glad has lasted through the years. Boston had fun handing out the gifts to everyone. (and helping them unwrap) My grandparents gave me a T-shirt from my favorite ice cream joint- Ethel's Dew Drop Inn in upstate New York. LOVE IT! Notice the picture of my poor mother. She had a black eye for Christmas this year as a result from surgery. She had bad case of skin cancer that's been growing for at least 2 years. (of course, we didn't know about it until it grew out from the inside and finally made it to the surface) So scary! It just made me want to cry to see her like that, but we're are lucky they caught it when they did. After a 4 hour procedure, the doctors were able to remove all the cancer. We have A LOT to be grateful for this Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: